Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fried Eggs Over Portobello's Stuffed with Creamed Spinach and Swiss Cheese

 

 
It’s a sip your coffee slowly kind of Sunday and I smell my mushrooms baking in the oven as I type this blog.  I haven’t had a chance to blog a lot lately.  I have a ton of new recipes that I need to put up and I plan on accomplishing that today. 

I'm swapping out carbs this morning and replacing them with mushrooms.

Recipe Follows:

3 large Portobello mushroom caps

3 eggs

3 pieces of Swiss cheese

One 9oz box of Pre-made creamed spinach. (you can make your own but this is a short cut)

Salt and Pepper to taste

Fresh Basil for garnish (optional)

 

Rub the Portobello with a little olive oil, salt and pepper

Top with creamed spinach mixture and one piece of Swiss cheese

Bake a 375 for 20 minutes or until mushroom is soft

*Tip* click on this link to see how you can prevent soggy mushrooms.


When there’s 5 minutes left in cooking time, fry your eggs in a sauté pan and then place on top of the Portobello. Garnish with fresh chopped basil
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment