Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs-Low Carb


I had pasta for dinner tonight but I didn’t have the carbs.  I had tofu noodles and kudos to whoever created them.  These babies actually fool you into thinking you’re actually eating pasta.  So, tonight I had a hearty Italian style meal and I don’t feel guilty about it at all! 

 

Ingredients:

2 bags Tofu Shirataki Noodles ( spaghetti)

1 package morning star ready-made meatballs

1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce

1 cup mozzarella cheese

Fresh basil (chopped for garnishing)

Salt and pepper to taste

Parmesan cheese (grated for garnish)-optional

Preheat oven to 360 degrees.  Rinse noodles and drain in a colander.  I like to get all of the liquid absorbed out of the pasta before I bake them.  Cook noodles on stove top first and then saute garlic with a little bit of olive oil in them.   Layer a deep oven safe dish with tomato sauce, pasta, meatballs, more sauce and top with cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes or until top is brown and bubbly.  Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!
 
My good friend and neighbor Stephanie likes to sample my new dishes so I made her a mini portion.  I put it in a small ramekin and baked it with the large dish.  These could also be a great appetizer before dinner or at a gathering.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment