Friday, September 7, 2012

Breakfast Pizza



I have the day off today so I decided to get creative with breakfast.  Using what I had on hand, I made breakfast pizza.  The crust is  a rosemary and olive oil Flat Out Wrap and it's only 100 calories.  It's a sandwich wrap so I cut it in half but tried to keep it's circular shape.
 
 
Preheated my oven to 350 and put my crust in first, with nothing on it. I use this technique always when making pizza in my standard home oven. The crust will stay crispier if you cook it first before adding the toppings. Bake for about 7 minutes, then spread a little chipotle mayo on crust and add the toppings. I used turkey pepperoni, diced sweet tomatoes, scrambled eggs and mozzarella cheese. Be sure not to overcook the eggs since they will continue to cook in the oven. Mine were still light and fluffy when the pizza was finished cooking. I also used only 1 egg and 2 egg whites to cut down some calories. Put back in the oven once topped and bake for another 6 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. 
 
 
 

The pizza was perfectly cooked and the crust was crispy around the edges, just how like it!
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment