Friday, August 24, 2012

Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo with Tofu Noodles


 
 

With only 25 calories per serving, you can eat the whole bag.  (2 servings per bag)  They also only contain 5 carbs per serving compared to the 40 plus from real pasta.  This is seriously the best version of tofu pasta I’ve tried.  You still need to rinse the noodles before cooking because they don’t have the most pleasant smell.  They need to be patted dry, microwaved or heated up on the stove alone before adding any sauce.  You don’t want to have a watery sauce and the noodles are bagged in water.  I usually prepare my sauce separately to later pour over the noodles.  I would also suggest cutting the noodles up a bit because they are slightly tougher than real pasta.  The upside to this is that you can never over cook or under cook these noodles.  For the sauce:  I’ve prepared many different sauces but I really seem to enjoy the creamy cheesy ones.  This is my skinny version of Pesto Alfredo.  See recipe below:

 

2 bags of Wildwood Pasta Slim-Spinach Fettuccine

½ cup of grated Parmesan Cheese

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon fresh or dry pesto sauce

1 cup low fat milk-I actually used fat free

Pinch of cayenne, salt and pepper
Serves 2
In a small sauté pan coated with olive oil, cook garlic for 1 minute.  Add in milk and bring to a boil.  Lower to medium heat and add the cheese and pesto, stirring vigorously.  Pour over pasta and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment