Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rosemary Goat Cheese and Fig Meatballs



 
I tried figs with goat cheese on a crostini at one of my favorite restaurants recently and loved them.   I decided to try my own version by stuffing meatballs with the combination.  My husband said these were the best meatballs he’d ever had and I have to agree, they are good.  So, I decided they’d have to go up on my blog and will end up becoming my go-to recipe for parties and other occasions.  They are easy to assemble and fairly inexpensive to make.   See recipe cost below.

 


     Recipe:

    1 package lean ground beef

    1 egg

    1 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard

    Salt and pepper

    ½ cup goat cheese (crumbled)

    ½ cup fig preserves

    1/3 cup falafel mix (I used this instead of breadcrumbs)

    2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
     
     Mix together all ingredients, adding the cheese and figs last.  Roll into balls and place on a broiler pan so the drippings fall to the bottom.  This recipe made 12 rather large size balls.  You could get about 24 meatballs if you make roll them smaller.  Broil for 8 minutes, then plate.

     

    Lean Ground Beef $5.60

    Fig Preserves $3.49

    Goat Cheese $2.99

    Entertain a crowd for $12.08-not bad

    No comments:

    Post a Comment