Saturday, August 25, 2012

Goodwill Finds-Halloween Items


Halloween is just around the corner and this year we’re helping throw a party with some of our neighbors.  I’m not the type to spend a lot of money on costumes and decorations so each year I look for bargains.  People that know me know that I love shopping at my local Good Will.  I’m constantly finding clothes, furniture and other goodies and spending next to nothing on them.  Target donates their unsold clearance items to the Goodwill near our house.  They drop down the price of their clearance items 3 times in the Target stores and whatever is left over goes to Goodwill.   My friends are astonished when I show them all my finds from Goodwill.   I always warn them that it’s a hit or miss when I go and sometimes I walk out empty handed.  The secret is to go at least once or twice a week.  Call your local store and find out when they get new items in from Target.  My store in Casselberry Florida gets Target items in on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon’s.  Friday I paid them a visit and found the first bunch of Halloween items.  Each week, more and more items related to the holiday will come in.  It’s the same thing around Christmas time too.   I found a few things for my costume this year as well as some décor for the party.  The total for it all was $14 and I saved 10% with my college I.D. 

What you can find for Halloween at Goodwill:

  • Kids costumes ranging from infants to teens
  • Halloween Decor
  • Accessories for costumes such as swords, hair color spray, tights and masks 
  • Gift Bags and candy holders
  *selection varies from store to store


I’m going to continue sharing my finds and posting pics as I go.  Please leave me a comment if you need more info.  Also, donating and shopping at the Goodwill helps contribute to the community.  Goodwill services are designed to meet the diverse needs of youth, seniors, veterans and military families, immigrants, and people with disabilities, criminal backgrounds and other specialized needs.  Happy Hunting!

                                  Brand New Costume Courtesy of GoodWill from Halloween 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment