Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuna Salad with Peas and Quinoa Pasta



In my pantry, you can usually find a can of tuna and some pasta at all times.  As a child I remember my mother making this dish a lot (probably because it was cheap eats)  Sometimes the best things in life are nearly free, right?  This whole meal to feed a family would cost under $8 and fills you up!  I spruced it up from the original recipe with a little dill and white truffle oil.

Tuna Salad with Peas and Quinoa Pasta

Ingredients:
2 Can Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
I box Ancient Harvest Quinoa Shells
1 Small Bag of Frozen Peas-Defrosted
1 Medium Yellow Onion
3 Tablespoons Reduced Fat Mayo with Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon White Truffle Oil
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Fresh or Dried Dill Weed
Salt to Taste

 

Cook Pasta according to box directions and let cool.  Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least an hour to chill.  Top with additional dill before serving (optional)
Where to find White Truffle Oil:  I bought mine on Amazon and it was $14.50 with free shipping.  The good news is that a little goes a long way so the cost is totally worth it.
What else White Truffle Oil is used For:  I put this stuff on everything!  I jazz up a can of soup, drizzle it on cheese and crackers, veggies, potatoes, and use in pasta. 

 

 
Mashed Turnips with White Truffle Oil
Here are a few links to other recipes that contain White Truffle Oil( these are not my recipes): http://www.melangery.com/2012/11/mashed-turnip-with-white-truffle-oil.html

Cauliflower Soup with White Truffle Oil
White Truffle Parmesan Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment