Sunday, July 28, 2013

Roasted Vegetables with Truffle Oil, Almonds and Applewood Smoked Sea Salt



I’m trying my best to eat clean this week as I move into my  second week of boot camp.  I loaded up my grocery cart with various veggies and a couple different cuts of fish.  Tonight we’re having Green Olive Crusted Mahi Mahi and the roasted veggie concoction I came up with.  I can smell it cooking in the oven as a write this blog and the smells are delightful.  I'm new to cooking with white truffle oil so I’ve been trying a lot of different things with it.  This is also the first time I’ve ever used the smoked sea salt and I’m anxious to see how it turns out.   The salt is Pacific flake sea salt, smoked over real Applewood from the Yakima Valley in Washington State.  I found it randomly near the specialty cheeses at Publix and I was intrigued by its unique description.  The bottle says it has a smoother flavor than most salts and can be used during cooking or as a finishing salt.    
 

I pre-heated my oven to 375 degrees and sprayed my large Stoneware Pan with a little Pam.  After chopping up my veggies, I drizzled a little white truffle oil over them, raw slivered almonds and 2 pinches of the salt and distributed evenly.  Bake for 45 minutes, tossing ever 10 minutes or so to prevent burning.  They should look brown and caramelized when done cooking.

 
Ingredients

12 to 15 Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and halved

1 Large Yellow Onion, cut into wedges

1 extra Large Carrot, chopped

1 teaspoon Applewood Smoked Sea Salt

1 teaspoon White Truffle Oil

¼ cup Slivered Raw Almonds

Pepper to taste

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment