Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lemon Roasted Chicken and Okra with Mashed Rutabaga




Oooo-wee, this was a tasty meal.  I marinated my chicken for a day and it was unbelievably tender.
 I used canned rutabaga that I doctored up to save prep time.  I started my meal on the stove-top browning my chicken on each side and then adding the okra and transferring to the oven.  I baked everything at 375 for 8 more minutes and then removed the chicken.  I continued to cook the okra for another 10 minutes pr until tender. 



Ingredients

Lemon Roasted Chicken with Okra

Boneless skinless chicken tenders

Marinade:

olive oil, fresh garlic paste, freshly chopped basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice.

Marinate over night or for at least 2 hours.

okra

1 lemon sliced and seeded

Mashed Rutabaga

2 cans rutabaga

2 tsp soymilk

butter

fresh garlic

salt and peper

dried parsely for garnish



No comments:

Post a Comment