Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pierogi Eggs Benedict




Eggs Benedict is what I usually order when out for breakfast.  It can be rather time consuming at home and the timing and skill must be perfect.  I didn’t have any bread on hand this particular morning, so I had to improvise.  With a box of frozen pierogies in the freezer, I replaced the english muffin and created something even better. For the eggs and the sauce, I followed the advice and video demonstration of Fabio Viviani (top chef winner) (the link is below)   I had no idea how to properly make poached eggs or the hollandaise sauce, so I found this video quite helpful. 

Ingredients:
4 Pierogies- I used feta and spinach
4 large eggs
2tsp red wine vinegar
2tbsp salted butter, softened



Cook pierogies according to package, follow the recipe for traditional Eggs Benedict, garnish with green onions.

Enjoy!
Eggs Benedict recipe was found above

No comments:

Post a Comment