Friday, April 5, 2013

Kale, Spinach and Honey Mango Smoothie



I'm just getting over being sick and my immune system could use a boost.  This was super easy to make but you're going to need a decent blender.  I'm using a Cuisinart Smart Power Duet that was given to me as a wedding gift four years ago.   It makes great shakes and smoothies and has a second attachment food processor for sauces and chopping.

Ingredients:

1 small can Dole Pineapple juice

5 to 6 cubes of ice (omit if you use frozen fruit)

1 handful of kale-removed from stems

1 handful baby spinach

1 half of a honey mango

I didn't need to add sugar because the pineapple juice and the honey mango have just enough sweetness.  Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.

Note-This makes 1 large cup.  Double the recipe for 2


Nutritional Bonus:


Kale has become quite popular these days and for good reason. It is packed with nutrients and has even been linked to aide in the prevention of certain cancers. It’s high in calcium, vitamin C and beta carotene. I’ve used it for smoothies, side dishes, salads and I’m excited to make my own kale chips soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment