Thursday, July 5, 2012

Caprese Egg Stack



I realized I forgot to pick up a loaf of bread at the store and I had to improvise.  My husband was really impressed with this breakfast dish.  It only took me less than 10 minutes to make, and it's a healthy alternative for breakfast.

Directions:  Put 4 egg whites into 2 ramekins sprayed with cooking oil.  Cover and microwave for 1 minute.  Carefully turn over the ramekin onto a plate.  Your egg whites should be solid and perfectly round shaped.  Turn on your panini or waffle maker and spray with cooking oil.  Place a slice or two of vine ripen tomatoes, turkey pepperoni and mozzarella cheese on top of one egg.  Place the other egg white on top of your fillings to make a sandwich.  Press for about 2 minutes and remove.  Garnish with fresh basil and balsamic glaze.






No comments:

Post a Comment