Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pluot Shrimp with Jasmine Rice



Ingredients:

12 to 15 Jumbo Shrimp-butter flied

Corn starch

Salt and pepper

Magic Seasoning

Pluot sauce:

6 ripe pluots

Teaspoon siracha sauce

1 tablespoon ginger puree

1 tablespoon garlic puree

1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar


At the grocery store the other day I spotted a fruit that I had never heard of before, a pluot.  After some research, I discovered it is a plum and apricot hybrid.  When they are ripe they are a dark red to pink color.  Most of the recipes containing pluots were sweet desserts and cakes.  As you can tell from my blog, I’m not too keen on dessert making.  Maybe someday down the road but for now I’ll stick to what I know best. 
   


I started this recipe by making a plum/pluot sauce.  First skin, slice and remove core from the pluot.  Chopped and  cook over medium  heat for 5 minutes with a splash of fresh lemon juice.  Add in ½ cup of sugar.  (I used a sugar substitute)  Cook for about 10-15 minutes more until  it has broken down into a liquid.


   
 
 
Next dredge jumbo shrimp in corn meal and season with salt and pepper.  Broil for 5 to 7 minutes. 

To your plum sauce- siracha sauce, ginger, garlic and rice wine vinegar. 

Serve over rice-I used the fragrant jasmine rice

The salad you see on the plate is a Spicy Asian slaw with Leeks and Asparagus.
 

 Ingredients:
.Nappa cabbage shredded
1 bunch of leeks-chop only the end white parts.
1 cup toasted almonds
1 jalapeño finely chopped-I used my fruit zester
¼ cup rice wine
2 teaspoon fresh garlic-minced
1 tablespoon pureed ginger
1/3 cup peanut oil or vegetable oil
1 cup asparagus spears-blanched
Toss well and garnish top with the almonds


No comments:

Post a Comment