Friday, July 6, 2012

Pressure Cooker Pot Roast




You can achieve moist, tender and flaky meats with your pressure cooker.   The best part is you don’t have to wait 6 to 8 hours for a Crock Pot.  It only took me about an hour and a half and dinner was served.  This is also a relatively cheap dinner because it requires little ingredients and I had most of them on hand.



Ingredients:

1 large onion-chopped

1 small bag Klondike Potato’s

3 cups beef broth

½ cup marsala wine

4 garlic cloves

1 small can tomato sauce

1 bulb of fennel-chopped

Thyme, salt and pepper-For the rub

First, tie the roast securely with kitchen twine to help hold together and to make it easy to remove from the pressure cooker when done.   Rub both sides with thyme, salt and pepper.  Brown roast on each side and place in pressure cooker.  Mix your liquids together along with garlic and tomato sauce and our into pressure cooker. 

Tip:  I cut slits into my roast and smashed fresh garlic far into the meat. 

Add in your veggies and secure the lid tight.  Turn up the heat to high until your cooker starts to steam and spit heavily.   Turn down to med-high heat to keep the pressure level and cook for 1 hour.  Let the pressure fall naturally before opening the lid.  When I took the lid off there was just about a cup or so of liquid remaining.  I removed the roast and added 2 tablespoons of butter and a bit of flour to make my gravy.  I had a bag of peas in the freezer that I thought of at the last minute and added those in too.  The meat was so tender and peeled apart so easily-sucess!

No comments:

Post a Comment