Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cashew Chicken



I grabbed a green pepper and some green onions from my little garden for this recipe.  It's the first time I've ever grown vegetables and nothing beats fresh veggies.  When I order Chinese I always pick the Chicken with Cashew Nuts so I thought I'd try to make my own.  I substituted the celery for crunchy pieces of carrots, and shallots in place of white onions.  I marinated the chicken after pounding, trimming and cutting. 


Ingredients:

1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenderloins

1 green bell pepper

unsalted cashews (about 1 cup or more)

green onions

1 shallot

baby carrots (chopped)



Marinade for chicken:

1/2 cup soy sauce

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

1 teaspoon honey

1 teaspoon sriracha-gives it a little kick

1 teaspoon  garlic paste

1 teaspoon ginger paste

Over med-high heat saute chicken in peanut oil  for about 5 minutes or until you don't see any pink.
Remove from pan.  Add another drizzle of peanut oil and saute veggies for about 2 minutes.  Put your chicken back in the pan and pour in remaining sauce from your marinade as well as the cashews.  Continue to cook for 3 more minutes and set aside to cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment