Friday, June 22, 2012

Creamy Chicken and Quinoa Bake

Quinoa is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed that has a fluffy, creamy, slightly crunchy texture and a somewhat nutty flavor.  I have used a box of it that was mixed with brown rice and seasoned with garlic and rosemary.  I made a crust on the bottom of my pan first with a mixture of panko and Italian breadcrumbs.  Spray the bottom of the skillet and then add the breadcrumbs for baking.  I bake the crust alone first in my cast iron skillet for 3- 5 minutes until golden brown.  Follow instructions on Brown Rice and Quinoa box and then cook the chicken(ground) while waiting for Quinoa.  I cooked my chicken on the stove top until brown and then drained the remaining juices.  Stir in cooked rice and Quinoa into the ground chicken and add 2 tablespoons mayo, a dash of cayenne pepper and a splash of white wine.  Mix well and pour over crust.  Top with Swiss cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.

 

Let stand for 5 minutes and serve. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment