Thursday, June 21, 2012

Egg, Cheese and Pickle Pressed Panini's



Thank goodness for Pinterest!  I reached into the very back of my cabinet the other day and caught a glimpse of my waffle iron.  I think I've only used it once in the 4 years I've had it.  I'm not too big on making fresh waffles so I thought I'd see if there were other foods to make on a waffle iron.  I have a whole section on Pinterist now dedicated to foods on the waffle iron.  The best thing about not making waffles on the waffle iron is the clean-up.  No more gooey batter spilling out and no mess to clean.


Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and turn up to med-high heat.  Butter or spray the outside of the bread that will be directly on the heat.  I used egg white, swiss and pickles in my panini, but you could put just about anything on it.  When the bread is slightly brown and crisp, remove and serve. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment