Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tuna Noodle Fake Out Casserole

 
 
 
 

This is a skinny version of an old classic. It's still rich in flavor but much easier on the hips! This was my mom's quick go-to meal when I was growing up.  I  have often have it's ingredients on hand in my pantry, but I try to stay away from high calorie pasta's.   My "skinny" version replaces the carbs and and the cream without ditching that "comfort food" taste. 


Ingredients: 

2 packages of Tofu Shirataki Noodles  (rinsed and patted dry or microwaved)

1 cup green peas

1/3 cup mayo

4 Slices of Golden Swiss (I got the lactose free kind for my hubby)

1/2 cup (crushed) green pea snap chips

salt and pepper

dash of cayenne pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all ingredients except the snap pea chips and swiss in a bowl or the casserole dish your using.   Top with swiss, then crushed chips.  This week I've been experimenting with "Green Snap Pea Chips.  I just can't get enough and I'm trying them out wherever I see fit.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment